社区服务 统计排行 帮助
  • 126阅读
  • 0回复

As I interview candidates

级别: 新手上路
Hi there viewers! I'm composing this blog post in the middle of the universe, Ny Metropolis! I’m on a three week lengthy recruiting trip (so I’m tired and complete of space support meals), and therefore significantly it is been outstanding.  I’m meeting a lot of wonderful candidates who hopefully can come join our team. I figured for the next few posts while I'm about the road I would share some interview tips.  Be around the lookout.  As I interview candidates, it will give me inspiration. One of the main questions I have been asked this week is “What does Microsoft look during an interview?”--- so that was something I thought I would answer. (Maybe my next interview candidates will read this first and I won’t have to answer it again ). I don’t think there is a specific profile of what a Microsoft employee looks like … it’s a combination of things. Here is a list of some things that I look for in candidates while they are interviewing. 1. Be Confident:  You are smart; you have experience—so show it. 2. Have Very good Problem Solving Skills: Many of the questions I ask are open ended --- for instance, in an interview someone may ask you to design a cell phone for a 5 year old.  This question is meant to get you thinking---ask questions to the person who asked it.  Clarify.  We want to see how you think.  There is no right answer.  Relate these questions back to the software lifecycle (ie researching,Windows 7 Home Premium, design, testing and implementation).  Keep talking for as long as you can.  I like to see people who are really thinking and can get down to some fine details even I hadn’t thought of. three. Know Your Resume Front to Back:  Interviewers base most of the questions on things listed on your resume.  If you have 20 different programming languages listed and you claim you are advanced in all,Office 2010 Serial Product Key, then be ready to answer a question on it.  If you aren’t that confident, or if you’ve only HEARD of a language and never worked in it, then list it that way or keep it off.  4. Be Honest: If you are unclear of what I'm asking, then follow up.  If you are asked to code a problem in C++ and you only know Java,Office Professional Plus 2010 Key, then let me know.  I am fine with your coding in Java.  I am trying to determine where your skill set lies, and to do that I need to see your best work.  5. Have Some Questions For Me:  Even though I have been talking for 10 hours straight,Office Professional Plus 2010 Key, have a question ready for me when I ask at the end, “Do you have any questions?” Questions show that you are listening and taking it all in. Maybe you thought about something to ask the night before, or maybe you came up with something around the spot.  In an interview I talk about a lot of things, so I know I would have questions for me.  6. Enjoy Yourself: Show me your personality … it is okay to laugh, smile, breathe.  I’m trying to get to know you and see if I can find a mutually beneficial situation that would work best for both you and Microsoft.  You don’t have to be so serious. That’s all from the Big Apple.  If you have any more specific questions you’d like answered about the interview process,Office Professional Plus 2007 Sale, let me know.  In the publish I will go more in depth about problem solving questions, such as what is the difference between a great answer and a Great answer! -Janelle PS-: I will be on the East Coast for a few more weeks—so if you see someone who looks out of place on your college campus carrying Microsoft products, be sure to wave
关键词: Office Professi
描述
快速回复

您目前还是游客,请 登录注册
批量上传需要先选择文件,再选择上传